During our 22 years of operation since 1997, Precise PCs has established itself in Murwillumbah and its surrounding areas as having very friendly, helpful staff who are also very knowledgeable in their many I.T. (and related) fields. We have a great reputation for providing excellent customer service (before, during and after sales), and customers are often surprised by our large range of stock. We also are very competitive with our pricing - our regular prices often undercut our major competitors, and we will price-match whenever we can. You can even buy via our web site, for added convenience.
We have gained a great reputation with home users, students, gamers and businesses alike for our "BREAK-FIX" work
- that is, the repair side of Precise PCs. We offer…
- In-Store repair work
- On-Site Visits
- Remote Support via phone and computer, with neither party needing to leave their office = less downtime for our customers. (Please note: This isn't an option for all computer issues.)
We are happy to assist our customers in any of these ways so as to find solutions for their computers' problems.
Precise PCs is more than a "computer shop" - we have grown to be an "IT solutions store"…and we're still growing…
As well as being a 'one-stop-shop' for home users, gamers and students…we are also growing our product range and services so that we are business' go-to IT store.
We want our customers to feel relaxed when they are served by our friendly staff, and not feel intimidated by 'technology'. We speak in "Layman's Terms" when needed, and listen to what our customers want to ensure our customers understand.
Due to all of these factors (and more), we continue to grow as demand grows.
Here is Precise PCs' timeline…
1994 - 1996
Stewart decided to refocus his life after having a number of years 'off', and completed his Tertiary Preparation Certificate with TAFE NSW.
He completed Certificate 4 in IT at TAFE. It was then that he realized computers took his interest, and repairing them became a passion.
In 1996, Stewart began repairing computers from his garage.
Stewart started his Bachelor of IT with Southern Cross University.
Part-way through the year, as a part of the 'marketing' subject, Stewart and his business partner (to be) came up with the name of "Precise PCs", then decided to actually register it.
At the end of 1997, a local business owner presented an opportunity for Stewart and his then business partner, to start a computer business in Murwillumbah by sub-leasing a small portion of that business owner's store (which sold car accessories) front in Murwillumbah Street.
Precise PCs officially commenced trading in December 1997, starting with 2 staff members - Stewart Bache and his then business partner.
Stewart bought-out his business partner and entered a new business partnership.
Precise PCs moved into its own small shop in Wharf Street…and it thrived.
Stewart again bought-out his partner, so Stewart became a Sole Trader.
Stewart employed one staff member and the business thrived once again.
Precise PCs was relocated to new premises in Commercial Road, Murwillumbah…and it took off once again.
Precise PCs continued to grow and now had 3 staff members.
2008 - 2011
By 2018 Precise PCs had grown to require 4 staff members.
Then GFC took told.
Precise PCs struggled, like so many other local businesses…
Precise PCs became a Gold Member of the Leading Edge Group. This opened us up to a wide range of laptops and gave us a buying power we hadn't had before.
We also became Authorised Service Repairers for Toshiba.
We began running out of room to display and store stock, and for our technicians to efficiently work in…so we decided to expand into one of the vacant shops next door.
This was a wonderful move for Precise PCs - whilst many shops were sadly closing down in town, we managed to stay afloat…but it was tough.
Moving to this new location meant we could grow our stock levels and offer more services in-store for our customers, including an internet café.
We continued to grow, and within 2 years we realized we had already outgrown our newly expanded premises.
Precise PCs was again busting at the seams…not enough room for stock, and staff couldn't work efficiently again.
Early in 2015 we were offered a shop space in Sunnyside however the space was even smaller than what we had, and with restricted trading hours…so we decided against it.
The opportunity then arose for us to relocate Precise PCs to our current premises - the (much bigger) former Block Buster shop opposite Sunnyside Shopping Mall (at the lights in Wollumbin Street).
In July, after an extremely hectic 3 month relocation period, we moved into our wonderful new position in town…starting with our Grand Relocation Celebration day.
Our customers love the convenience of our small car park behind us, and since we now have the extra floor space means we also had the ability to increase our range of stock and services.
Plus we added one-on-one tuition for customers who would like to learn more about their computer and how to use it more efficiently.
Business did so well that was also necessary for us to add another staff member to Precise PCs, bringing the total to 6 staff members.
2017 & 2018
Precise PCs grew to needing 7 staff (6 full time and 1 part time).
We decided to take Precise PCs up to the next level of small business, diversifying into many different fields, thus matching our customers' demand for particular services and products. These are the areas we either started moving into, or stepped-up our efforts in…
- Microsoft 356 Azure training
- We are now approved Microsoft Surface resellers for business and education.
- We are a Managed Services Provider for businesses.
- Managed Anti-Virus and Back-ups for home users and students
- Our eCommerce web site is set-up, ready for online shoppers.
- Catalogues are distributed frequently.
- Preparations are under way to create our own YouTube channel where we can share reviews, tips and more.
- Having a greater community involvement, including running our "Guess the Object" game most weeks (via Facebook), giving those joining in on the fun, the chance to win a small prize.
- We are now authorised Brother and Oki printer repairers.
- For our customers who prefer to 'buy now, pay later', we have Zip Pay and Flexi Rent (for anyone) and Finlease finance (for businesses). We still offer in-store savings plans (credit notes) and layby (20% deposit with up to 3 months to pay the item off).
- Stage 1 of front-of-shop renos were completed resulting in 4 new, modern display tables for laptops, desktops, printers and monitors.
We have had another big year already, focusing on the culmination of 2 years work - preparing our new sister-business - Precise IT Services, with runs in conjunction with but separate to Precise PCs.
Precise IT Services offers businesses DEDICATED IT SUPPORT - we use proactive IT solutions to keep businesses running smoothly, rather than waiting for computers to breakdown which then wastes employee's time…and employers' money.
The need for full, local business support is growing all the time, so we can see a big future for Precise IT Services.
We can also help new businesses set up their new (or upgrading their current) office/s by supplying and installing their…
- Computers (laptops and/or desktops and screens/monitors, mice and more)
- Modems / Routers / Wifi
- Electronic Display Screens
- Laser Pointers
- Security Cameras (supply and can arrange installation)
- 6 Months to 2 Years INTEREST FREE FINANCE
Precise PCs has added another finance option for customers - SKYE MASTERCARDS, with which we offer 6 months to 2 years INTEREST FREE! So add this to ZipPay and Finlease (and of course cash, card, store credit and layby), and we've got pretty much all budgets covered.
These are some other areas we will be expanding into in 2019, so as to be able to offer more services and products to our customers, through our sister-business Precise IT Services…
- 24/7 TECHNICAL SUPPORT…our head technicians will be on call 24/7 should you need our urgent after hours help.
- CABLE TEST AND TAGGING…one of our techs is doing a course in July so that he is a qualified cable tester-and-tagger, which is particularly useful for businesses - if your business burns down and the cause is a faulty cable that hadn't been tested recently, then you won't be covered by insurance.
- NBN…we will soon be a certified NBN Partner which will give us direct access with NBN so we can sort out our customers' NBN issues.
- BUSINESS PHONE SYSTEMS…we plan to become resellers and installers of phone systems suitable for businesses.
- MICROSOFT…staff will be continuing their Microsoft training in various relevant areas.
…and there are more areas we are looking into which will help us to provide customers with even better support.
Our staff numbers have grown again - we now have 3 retail staff and 3 technicians, plus Stewart and Karen.
Owners / Managers
As Precise PCs and Precise IT Services grow, our staff numbers will continue to grow to meet demand so as to ensure we remain as efficient as we possibly can, for all of our customers.
Opening another store or two in the future, is definitely in our thoughts…we just have to see where our journey takes us…watch this space……